WHY New Zealand?
- Quality institutions: New Zealand has an excellent, centrally managed quality assurance system. The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) requires that institutions are registered to enrol international students and ensures compliance with qualifications standards.
- Competitive Costs: NZ offers very affordable tuition fees compared to many other countries around the world. Competitive tuition fees coupled with a low cost of living represents a good value for your money.
- Employment prospects and Post study work options: If a student successfully completes their education they are entitled to a “Job search visa” in New Zealand for the period of one year. If a student gets a job in his field of education in NZ, they are entitled to a 2 years’ work visa. With a skill shortage across various sectors in the New Zealand labour market, fresh graduates are in high demand in New Zealand.
- New Zealand is a diverse country of many cultures. NZ is easy going and embrace different lifestyles and opinions. NZ is ranked the 3rd Most Peaceful Country, according to the Global Peace Index. With crime rates much lower than other countries, you can focus on your studies and enjoy everything NZ has to offer.
Popular Courses in New Zealand
The most popular and sought after courses among Indian students are that of business. Most students look for a major that will help them develop their managerial skills and focus. Needless to mention that Business related courses help them to land up with lucrative and coveted jobs. Let us glance through a few areas of major in business courses:
- Banking and Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Professional Accounting
- International Business
- Human Resources
- Business Management and Administration
A good number of Indian students travel to New Zealand for MBA. The MBA journey begins with proper planning planning requires an understanding of all the important variables that can impact on the decision making process. There is another vitally important aspect why the location of MBA is important. A good MBA programme is not simply about what you study, but also about who you met and network with for future benefit.
Almost all major universities in New Zealand offer MBA programmes varying in length from 18 months to five years depending on whether students are full-time or part-time. MBA programmes are made up of a mix of both full and part-time students, domestic and international.
The most preferred courses among Indian youth today is Information Technology. IT courses in New Zealand is a mix of technical knowledge and theory added with practical experience. The practical nature these courses mean that it produces that kind of graduates the employers want. There would be long list of courses one can choose in IT depending on budget and time span.
The next major area of interest among Indian students is engineering. This field is popular among Indian students as the areas of specialization as well as job opportunities are too many. Let us see the areas of specialization:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
New Zealand with its vast greenery has loads of opportunities in Agriculture. This may be a comparatively new area for Indian students but slowly gaining popularity primarily because of an assurance of a job. With more and more students congregating for MBAs and other Master's, the competition in this field is comparatively low.
The development of university-level hospitality and tourism degrees in New Zealand has been a recent phenomenon in comparison with the United States and United Kingdom. This particular area has become trendy due to good career prospects and employment potential. Be it in Airline industry, be it in casinos, be it in five-star hotels, be it on cruises the list is endless. There are short courses in the form of Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas as well as long ones in the form of Bachelor’s Degrees and Masters.
Universities in New Zealand
The following is the list of universities in New Zealand :
|1||Queensland – Brisbane||download|
|2||Victoria – Melbourne||download|
|3||Western Australia – Perth||download|
|6||Australian Capital Territory – Canberra||download|
|7||New South Wales – Sydney||download|
|8||South Australia – Adelaide||download|