- Australia’s Group of Eight: The Group of Eight (Go8) is a coalition of Australia’s leading research universities. Go8 universities are distinguished by the intensity and breadth of the research they perform, the research-informed nature of the education they offer.
- A range of Courses in Australia: Institutes in Australia offer a wide variety of courses and degrees so international students can easily find the school and field that are right for them.
- Work while studying: While studying in Australia, a student has the advantage of working part-time(off Campus/On Campus) in order to gain work experience as well as manage their own living expenses.
- Global Recognition: By studying in Australia, a student receives qualifications that are sought after worldwide. This is ensured by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- Possibility of Immigration: international students with Australian credentials and Australian work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave Australia.
Popular Courses in Australia
The most popular and sought after courses among Indian students are that of business. Most students look for a major that will help them develop their managerial skills and focus. Needless to mention that Business related courses help them to land up with lucrative and coveted jobs. Let us glance through a few areas of major in business courses:
- Banking and Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Professional Accounting
- International Business
- Human Resources
- Business Management and Administration
A good number of Indian students travel to Australia for MBA. The MBA journey begins with proper planning planning requires an understanding of all the important variables that can impact on the decision making process. There is another vitally important aspect why the location of MBA is important. A good MBA programme is not simply about what you study, but also about who you met and network with for future benefit.
Almost all major universities in Australia offer MBA programmes varying in length from 18 months to five years depending on whether students are full-time or part-time. MBA programmes are made up of a mix of both full and part-time students, domestic and international.
The most preferred courses among Indian youth today is Information Technology. IT courses in Australia is a mix of technical knowledge and theory added with practical experience. The practical nature these courses mean that it produces that kind of graduates the employers want. There would be long list of courses one can choose in IT depending on budget and time span.
The next major area of interest among Indian students is engineering. This field is popular among Indian students as the areas of specialization as well as job opportunities are too many. Let us see the areas of specialization:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
Australia with its vast greenery has loads of opportunities in Agriculture. This may be a comparatively new area for Indian students but slowly gaining popularity primarily because of an assurance of a job. With more and more students congregating for MBAs and other Master's, the competition in this field is comparatively low.
The development of university-level hospitality and tourism degrees in Australia has been a recent phenomenon in comparison with the United States and United Kingdom. This particular area has become trendy due to good career prospects and employment potential. Be it in Airline industry, be it in casinos, be it in five-star hotels, be it on cruises the list is endless. There are short courses in the form of Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas as well as long ones in the form of Bachelor’s Degrees and Masters.
Universities in Australia
The following is the list of universities in Australia :
|1||Queensland – Brisbane||download|
|2||Victoria – Melbourne||download|
|3||Western Australia – Perth||download|
|6||Australian Capital Territory – Canberra||download|
|7||New South Wales – Sydney||download|
|8||South Australia – Adelaide||download|